Rivers and Area Community Foundation were very proud to have partnered with the Community Foundations of Canada and the Government of Canada to deliver the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund. This collaboration was launched on May 19, 2020 and closed on July 27, 2020. The RACF invested $42,109 towards local charities and qualified donees supporting projects that assisted populations that were vulnerable during this crisis.
The Rivers and Area Community Foundation are pleased to have supported the following projects:
- Riverdale Early Learning Centre – $13,210 – Kinder Readiness Catch Up Program & Re-opening
- Riverdale District Health Auxiliary – $1,232 – Outdoor Shade & Netting Umbrella Project for the Personal Care Home so residents can sit outside and self-distance with family members
- Riverdale Municipality – $3,500 – Re-opening and sanitization for all employees & citizens utilizing the municipal office
- Razzamatazz Dance Club – $5,000 – Surviving the Covid-19 Closure and moving forward
- Prairie Crocus Regional Library – $2,167 – Re-opening Project so that everyone may be able to visit the library
- Rivers & Area Lions Club – $5,000 – Community Sustainability Project dealing with vulnerable seniors and children
- Riverdale Community Development Corporation – $5,000 – Community Drive-In project
- Rivers Minor Baseball – $2,000 – Return to Play 2020
- Riverdale Community Centre – $1,000 – Re-opening Plan with PPE
- Rivers Royal Canadian Legion Branch #75 – $4,000 – Lifting Spirits by providing meal/social opportunities for veterans, seniors and children.