Emergency Community Support Fund
With COVID-19 cases increasing in many communities, and a continuous call for emergency relief, the ECSF reopened in October with a second round of funding, providing much-needed assistance to charities and non-profit organizations serving communities experiencing vulnerability. The Government of Canada is flowing this funding through Community Foundations of Canada, United Way Centraide Canada and the Canadian Red Cross. We are proud to be working with CFC and the Government of Canada to deliver funding locally to ensure that our citizens are safe and healthy. Through the ECSF Round 2, we will be investing $30,000 towards local charities and qualified donees supporting people experiencing heightened vulnerability.
Grants Awarded for Round 2
- Rivers Collegiate – outdoor recreation equipment during Covid 19 – $9,902
- Razzamatazz Dance Club – more equipment to be purchased due to health regulations – $2,900
- Rivers Curling Club – for PPE during the pandemic – $2,760
- Rolling Dale Enterprises – for PPE during the pandemic – $1,769
- Riverdale Community Centre – for touchless water fountains due to Covid 19 – $10,969
- Covid Crushers MX Academy – for outdoor recreation – $1,700
Please note that no AGM was held for 2020 due to the Provincial Health Regulations in place because of COVID-19.
Thank you to all those who made donations to the Endow Manitoba Campaign this year. It was very much appreciated and continues to assist our community.
Rivers and Area Community Foundation were very proud to have partnered with the Community Foundations of Canada and the Government of Canada to deliver the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund. This collaboration was launched on May 19, 2020 and...
On November 15th, 2019 the Rivers and Area Community Foundation held their 10th anniversary granting event in conjunction with the Manitoba Build 150 Matching grants. We are the first Community Foundation in Manitoba to announce the Manitoba Build 150 Grants. They...